The banquet will be held at the Operating Engineers Hall (318) in Marion, IL. This is the same location that we have used for the last three banquets.
We will be sending out more detailed information in the future. We look forward to seeing you at our banquet this fall!
SIQDMA Branch Secretary
Original Story HERE
Thu, October 04, 2012
By THE ILLINOIS DNR
SPRINGFIELD, IL – The Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) today announced updated results of monitoring of deer mortality in the state attributed to Epizootic Hemorrhagic Disease (EHD). Since an earlier update on September 6, many Illinois citizens have taken the time to make reports of sick, dead, and/or dying animals throughout the state. The IDNR Division of Wildlife Resources thanks those individuals who have taken time to provide information on EHD-probable deer mortality in the state.
As of September 30, there were 2,043 deer reported as probable EHD deaths, with reports from 76 counties. The highest numbers were reported from Cook (326); Calhoun (181); Coles (138); Macon and Shelby (121). The attached color-coded map provides an indication of the disease intensity, by county.
Hunters taking to the field in Illinois for archery deer hunting and the Oct. 6-7 Illinois Youth Firearm Deer Hunt need not be concerned about eating venison from animals that may have contracted EHD and survived. EHD has no impact on humans, pets, or livestock.
Lab testing has isolated EHDV-6 from several Illinois deer from northwest Cook County. Results are still pending for other samples taken downstate. EHD has been found throughout the Midwest, including neighboring Missouri, Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Kentucky.
Hunters and landowners who find sick or dead deer that they suspect may be related to EHD, especially in or near water, are asked to contact their nearest IDNR field office or regional office to report them. Discoveries of EHD-related deer mortality may also be reported to Tom Micetich at 309-543-3316, ext. 231; or email: email@example.com. Anyone reporting dead deer should include their name and contact phone number, as well as the county, number of dead deer, and specific location of the deer (distance/direction from the nearest town).
Latest EHD map is below:
The Southern Illinois Branch of QDMA will be auctioning off 4 hunts this Thursday March 22nd at our 4th Annual REACH Banquet. Please contact Matt Duffy if you are interested in any of these. We will be accepting phone bids from pre-qualified bidders.
1. Southern Illinois Bow Fishing Trip for 2. This hunt will take place during the summer of 2012. Boat/Transportation/Bows/
2. Africa Maximum Safari 2+2. This hunt is for 2 hunters and 2 observers 5 days of hunting. All inclusive. Each hunter will have $900 trophy fee credit. Hunter can choose any animal from a jackal at $150 to a Cape Buffalo at $16,500. www.africamaximum.com
3. Archery Whitetail hunt for 2. This hunt will take place with Double Deuce Outfitters in Northern Missouri . All inclusive 5 day archery hunt for 2 hunters. www.double2ranch.com
4. 2 day Arkansas Snow Goose Hunt for 2. This hunt will take place in NE Arkansas next to the famous Claypool in Weiner, AR. 2 large pits with over 1,000 decoys. Lodging is included. www.wabashoutdoors.com
5. Youth or Adult 4 day wild turkey hunt. This hunt will take place in Franklin County, IL with Lucky Outfitters. The hunt is for 1 youth or 1 adult, fully guided on 4,000 acres. Lodging and meals are included. www.luckyoutfitters.com
Don’t hesitate to call with questions. I can guarantee these hunts will go WAY below retail. If you are looking for something to do this year this is the place. All hunts have reserve prices.
Thanks for supporting the Southern Illinois Branch of QDMA
This past Thursday, February 9th, The Southern Illinois Branch of QDMA hosted it’s first ever antler scoring event. The event was a huge success and we all learned a lot of valuable information about proper scoring techniques for whitetail deer. Thank you to Darin DeNeal, Pope & Young Scorer, for donating his time and expertise for this event. Also, thank you to Mackie’s Pizza for hosting our group and providing a wonderful meal. If you would like more information on becoming a member of QDMA or would like to suggest ideas for future events, please visit www.siqdma.com and use the form on the “About” page.
Please put March 22, 2012 on your calendar for the Southern Illinois QDMA Branch Banquet. Look for more information about the event in future posts.
Also if you are not on our mailing list, be sure to click on “ABOUT” on the menu above and fill out the form at the bottom to be included in all future emails.
Thank you for helping make the SIQDMA Branch Banquet successful.