- Safe and ethical hunting.
- Adherence to wildlife and trespass laws.
- Adequate harvests of adult does.
- Restraint in harvesting young bucks.
- Hunter involvement in education and management.
- Cooperation with wildlife biologists and enforcement officers.
- Education of hunters and non-hunters toward a better understanding of wildlife management.
- Stewardship and appreciation of all wildlife
The Quality Deer Management Association (QDMA) is a non-profit wildlife conservation organization dedicated to ensuring a high-quality and sustainable future for white-tailed deer and white-tailed deer hunting. Founded in 1988, the QDMA currently has more than 50,000 members in all 50 states and several foreign countries including many deer management professionals. The QDMA has developed numerous partnerships with state wildlife agencies, timber companies, hunting groups, and product manufacturers. These partnerships have increased both the awareness of the QDMA and participation in the Association’s management philosophy, Quality Deer Management (QDM). Without question, the QDMA is rapidly becoming the most respected and influential white-tailed deer organization in the United States.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
SIQDMA sends out periodic newsletters and communication emails to keep you up-to-date on all the events and branch activities taking place in Southern Illinois. This is a great way to learn about field day opportunities, social events, banquet information, and gain knowledge that will help make you a better steward of the land, and of course. . . a better deer hunter. If you would like to be added to our mailing list, please provide us with the following information and we will keep you up to date, and in the loop at SIQDMA.